Who Can I Designate To Act For Me Under A Durable Power Of Attorney?

The person that you name (your “attorney in fact” or “agent”) can be any person capable of transaction business. He or she need not be a licensed attorney at law. Quite often a person who is married will name his or her spouse as the “attorney in fact” and , if the spouse for whatever reason can not serve, an adult child is named as the alternate. The person you name should be someone in whom you have complete trust and confidence.